Sunday, October 24, 2010

Everyday Lily

I've never been big on the color blue. I don't have boys, and I always find blue papers to be very "boyish". Not so with the Urban Lily "Everyday Lily" collection. I love the soft shades of blue and the very "girlie" swirls and flowers. It gives the papers a very feminine feel.


I like to use the papers with border punches. Its a great way to be able to mix and match the different patterns without it looking too busy or overpowering.


On this first card, I used 3 different papers - Linen, Linen Stripe and Linen Dot. I love the way they all blend together so beautifully. I used a border punch to soften the edge just a little bit and keep it feminine.



On the second card, I used the same paper combinations and incorporated some coordinating cardstocks. I used several different border punches to keep that soft look I was going for. I just goes to show you that with a little creativity and the right product, you can use colors that you never thought you could!

until next time,
Scrap Happy!

Marci
Urban Swank Design Team

3 comments:

  1. two very pretty cards!! Which border punches do you use? Are they Martha Stewart? I love the color combos...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathy - yes, it was the Martha Stewart punches :) Thanks for you kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix n match look of the papers and punches!

    ReplyDelete