Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paints and Urban Lily

Helllo Scrappers, it's Aida here back with a layout I hope you will like ! This time I wanted to work with paints and mists to create a *arty* type page to add more dimension to Urban Lily's products.

First I misted the white cardstock with pale blue and silver grey mists starting from the top left hand corner across to the bottom right corner. Leave to dry completely or use a heating tool to speed it up. Using a wordscript background stamp, portions of the layout were stamped.


Earlier on I had roughly decided where I wanted to add my photo and had traced the outline of the photo. After this, using a teal and a light blue paints, I painted a frame following the traced line. The center was left empty as it would be covered by the photo.

Using a discarded straight edged chipboard, I dipped it in Gesso and randomly added straight lines to the left of the cardstock. If you don't have Gesso, any white undiluted acrylic paint will create the same effect.

This is how the Gesso looks close up after the layout was finished.

And the finished layout I built on the painted and misted background.


Urban Lily products used : Photo Cards Luna and Linen from the Everyday Lily Collection.

Thanks for dropping by !

8 comments: