Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cards with Different Shapes and Secret Messages.

Hi everyone happy Wednesday. Michelle here I created 2 cards for you today. I wanted to make cards that had a slightly different shape with hidden messages. I chose the Sushi paper collection for my cards. The first card I cut the shape with my Cricut. The card itself has a flower that extends over that I could hide a message inside of. I than used the sushi paper to decorate the outside of the flower. For the inside I strategically placed the Piece of paper with the circle journal spot add a saying a few embellishments and you are done.







The second card I wanted to play with embossing templates on the mini chipboard secret keepers. I cut a background piece 4x5 than ran it through an embossing folder added some ink, to create the perfect frame. I attached that to a medium brown card stock base. The mini secret keeper with the butterfly, I embossed and inked to match the background. The secret keepers emboss beautifully. I took the same ink and colored the inside of the keeper. Used 4 foam dots to attach it to my card base allowing me space to wrap a sheer ribbon through to tie in front. A cute sentiment and a phrase inside and you have a beautiful elegant congratulations card.




I hope you have enjoyed viewing my cards as much as I did making them. Please stop by my blog for more projects, tips, and tricks. I also teach classes.

Have a Scrappy Day

Michelle

www. trendyscrapper@typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment