Monday, February 8, 2010

Love is in the Air

Happy February Everyone!

Virginia, here! I am excited to share the first of my February projects. To me, February is the month of love and my projects reflect that “lovin’” feeling!

First up is my layout titled, “What are 5 ways you make me smile?” It was fun combining the alphas, numbers and phrases together. And to make it more eye catching, the alphas, numbers and phrases are mounted on pop dots. I think you’ll agree that you certainly get your mileage from each and every Urban Lily product.


The paper, Spark -Mooch line, was already beautiful but I wanted add a few elements that would complement my photo. So using my coluzzle, I cut circles from the Sugarhigh - Mooch line paper, adhered and ran the sewing machine around the edges. Then I added some Kaisercraft gems to the butterfly. To create the “bluebird”, I used my Pink Paislee stamp on the scraps of Ink and Linen papers, trimmed the stamped image and layered the pattern pieces of paper. I think my bluebird is an adorable accent to the page and it allowed me to use every sweet morsel of Urban Lily papers.

Here is a close-up of the alphas, numbers and bluebird...


My second project involves the blank Artist Trading Cards. When I saw the blank cards, I squealed. It is fun and easy to create unique Valentine’s cards with blanks. 

Using the same stamping and paper piecing technique, I created two “outta this world” Valentines for my girls. The felt stars are from Maya Road.

Thanks for letting me share! I wish you all a wonderful Valentine's Day too! (and a Happy Chinese New Year which this year falls on the same day as Valentine's Day.)


1 comment:

  1. i love that ATC card! it's soooooo adorable! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete