Saturday, February 6, 2010

You Warm My Heart

It's the month of love and today I have for you a scrapbook page and banner!
First up, the scrapbook page.

The picture above is of my son and his rosy complexion made the rose colors of the Urban Lily papers perfect for a page about him. To make the page, I cut the pink swirls out of the background paper of Lulliloo - Lily paper. I also used this paper to cover the heart shaped secret keeper window. The photo is backed by Lilooo - lala paper. And, I added a black butterfly cut from Mooch - Spark paper. To finish off the page, I added stamped hearts along the bottom, a grungeboard crown and hinge to the heart, and backed the inside of the heart with more Urban Lily paper.

Next I have for you a fun banner that was super easy and so much fun to make! The banner is entirely out of paper, including the ribbon holding it all together.

The flags of the banner are made from Posh Memory Cards.
I cut a burst shape from vellum paper using my Silhouette and made a frame for it that fit over the shape of the oval on the Memory Card. Then I added the letters to spell the word "heart" from the Urban Cut Letters. The "ribbon" was made by cutting strips of paper from the scraps of the Lilliloo-Lily paper that were about 3/4 inch wide and various lengths. Each strip was folded in half and sewed together and over the flags of the banner.
Attached to the bottom of the banner is some lacy paper tape but the same effect could be achieved with any of the fun punches on the market.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed these projects! Have a month full of sweetness!
Rachel

2 comments: