Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome Sign

Here is a Welcome sign I made using Urban Lily papers, lots of Glimmer Mist and Helmar Adhesives!


Let me share some of the cool things I did :) I cut the butterflies out of this paper:


I misted them with Passion Red and Pink Ink Glimmer Mist. I waiteda few minutes for it to dry and then applied Helmar's Textured Effects. This is an awesome product that will make the butterflies look like epoxy embellishments! And to add some dimension, I took the embossing pen that I used to apply it and created a few lines to flow with the wings. I let that sit overnight since it takes a while to dry.

As you can see below, it dried clear and you can see the ripple effect too!


Ok, onto my embossing! I used a Build-A-Baubble stamp by Prima. I used an embossing ink pad and stamped it onto the paper below, stragically placing it so I have the butterfly at the top and swirls that can be cut out too :)


See? (below) Anyways, I sprinkled American Crafts Pewter Zing embossing powder on and heat set and voila!


I also used Helmar's Zapdots to pop up some elements :)


Thanks for stopping by!
Becky Teichmiller, Swanky Gurl
http://www.beckyteich.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment