Tuesday, June 22, 2010

End of the School Year Celebrations

At my son's school they have a Showcase of the talents of the students at the end of the school year. Since he was just in Kindergarten this year, we did not realize what a big deal the event was and we were so proud of his contribution. For today's Urban Lily inspiration, I have created two pages of my son's school Showcase.

For the first page I used:
California Collection Pink Flamingo
May Ella Impish
Urban Cut Alphabet
Mooch Hyperactive
Mooch Smooch
I cut alot of the elements out from the paper and backed the Pink Flamingo with the super awesome striped Impish paper. My son is easy to spot in the photos as he was the only one wearing a yellow shirt!

For the second page, I carried the circle theme over by using semi-circles cut from the patterned paper. I've used:
Happy Everything Celebrate
Photocards Polka Dot
Mooch Hyperactive
Happy Everything Forever
The title was already on the paper and I thought it was appropriate for a page about my son's art work that was posted on the wall. His art was too high up to be included in the photo, so I've added journaling to the Photocards. The top card lifts up to reveal more private journaling underneath. I've stitched the cards in place.

Other than the stitching, both of these pages were created using the super fantastic Helmar adhesives.
That's it for me today. I hope you'll be able to find ways to use Urban Lily papers for your education themed pages!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment