Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Urban Lily and an Eclectic Mix!



Good Tuesday morning everyone! For today's post I wanted to share with you how you can mix all sorts of found treasures with Urban Lily papers. For this layout I used the Urban Lily "Bonnie" pp. The colors went perfectly with this photo of my daughter. To add to the country feel I used all sorts of products that I found around the home. I cut up a box and used the cardboard for the photo background, I simply drybrushed some white paint over it. I also used some old sheet music that I drybrused white paint over also. I used a swatch of vintage upholstery fabric (yes, I save just about everything!) to add some texture behind the cardboard. I even used masking tape for my journaling strips. To get the journaling to look faded I simply used an eraser over the words to lightly fade the marker. To tone down the red cardstock and red flower I also used white paint. I love the soft look of this layout, and hope you get to searching your house for some treasures to use on your next design too!


1 comment: