Friday, July 1, 2011
One of my all time favorite techniques is a light water distressing trick that I do. It's very simple and all you need is a glass of water and a q-tip or two. Here is a recent layout of my daughter that I did using water distressing.
I mainly use this technique around the border of my paper, but you can do this on every layer that you use. For this layout I used Pure and Cheeky from the May Ella collection along with Chic from the Just Add Color collection.
To get this look follow these simple steps:
1) Distress your edges with your favorite distressing tool or the edge of scissors.
2) Ink your edges in your choice of color and ink.
3) Dip your q-tip in your water and begin running it along the edges of your paper. Do this enough to saturate the edges and let your ink run a little.
4) When I layer my papers I always try to scrunch up the edges so that the other layers show and crinkle together.
5) Go over your edges again with an ink blending tool.
** Added flair: I used some glitter paint to enhance my edges even more.
Here are some close-ups of the layout.
I based this layout on a sketch made by Charlotte! Thanks for stopping by Urban Swank!! Come back soon!!
Posted by Mandy Harrell at 9:30 AM