Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is Finally Here by Virginia

Happy Spring Everyone!

I love Spring...not just the buds on the trees, the increased hours of daylight, the puddles and the birds chirping...I love it all! So it seems fitting that I alter a wee birdhouse in honour of spring using some delicious Urban Lily papers.



On the roof, I layered punched circles from the Petite - Mayelle collection. The walls of the bird house were layered with fussy cut flowers from the Linen - Everyday collection. Of course, all the papers were adhered using the Helmar 450 glue - gosh, this glue is outta this world! After the papers dried, the birdhouse was sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist - Walnut Gold and Arctic Blue.

To add some depth, I used my Hero Arts stamps, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock and my Copic markers to create some yummy butterflies hovering around the house.

Spring in our household is a sign of change. I purge like mad, donating what I can to worthwhile causes, sell what I can and junk the rest. My daughters recently changed bus routes and to help my littlest remember her specifics, I created a "calling card" for her.

Here is the front...


Here is the back...



Thanks for letting me share!
-Virginia
http://www.virginiawongmichiels.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment